Tuesday, July 3, 2012

Getting Out of Anger

So yesterday I was work (my normal 9-5) and I was chatting with a customer who had the ugliest mad face on. We started joking about how she wears her emotion on her face, and then she disclosed that she had been furiously mad with her guy since 4pm. I looked at the clock to see that it was now close to 10pm, and I wondered how could someone spend 6 hours of their life mad at one person? After she had left I realized that I've been guilty of doing the same thing on more than one occasion--try multiple times a week. Sometimes I let my anger get the best of me and control my day. I'm fully aware of that when it's happening, so why does it sometimes take me longer to get out of my anger? It sounds horrible, but sometimes when I'm upset I don't feel like I'm ready to let go of feeling that way. It's one of my flaws and really childish at that, but seeing it face to face at work made me not want to be that way anymore. So now the big question is how do we get out of ourselves and allow that anger to be resolved? I think that talking it out and realizing why you're mad is the first step to releasing your bad emotions. The second thing is to make yourself get over it, whether you like it or not. The reality of it is, you can't change your situation. If you could, you probably wouldn't be too mad anyways. By forcing yourself to get over it you are accepting the fact that you can't go back and change it and ,at the same time, releasing the burden that goes along with not being able to control things. The time we spend being mad with the world is the less time we give ourselves to succeed in the world. My advice is to be happy, stay productive, and create positive energy. Don't let even the smallest of things alter your mood for the worse. Choose not to be angry.


To join the Sleep is 4 Suckers movement and purchase your Sleep is 4 Suckers gear Click Here!
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @martacious and Sleep is 4 Suckers  @sleepis4suckers  and @si4s

No comments:

Post a Comment