Monday, June 11, 2012

You can't always be the student!

"[The teacher] will always be the teacher and you will always be the student, and as long as you're the student you don't get paid...until you can teach it" - Eric Thomas, The Blueprint to Success, (Track 6)
 When it comes to being the best, being smart is everything. Sure you need determination, a good work ethic, and drive, but if you don't have knowledge then you don't have anything. As far as knowledge goes, being book smart isn't enough. You also have to be business savvy, be aware of current events, and have multiple interests. Now and days, it's not enough to just meet people's expectations anymore; you need to exceed them. You want people to be impressed with the words that come out of your mouth, and to do that requires work. You have to hustle hard in the aspect of gaining knowledge. Whenever I log online I spend hours reading just about every article that Yahoo brings up. I read them because I want to learn something new, so that I can use it in everyday life. Sometimes I'll go on a random Googling spree, where I Google random things I have in my head to make sure the information I have on them is correct. Who knows when I'll need to talk about the benefits of juicing, the color of 2012 (Tangerine Tango), or the inspiration behind Jean Paul Gaultier's Spring 2010 fashion line (Amy Winehouse). I just know that I need to be constantly learning in order to grow so that I can impart my knowledge on other people and widen their way of thinking because I don't want to be a student forever. Everyone starts out as a student, but eventually you have to graduate and become the teacher. It doesn't mean that you stop learning, but by being a teacher it allows you to help other people. Not learning more that you're required to know would be a disservice to yourself and the people you come in contact with. So pick up a book, read a blog, do something everyday that will allow you to learn something new. You never know when you're going to need that knowledge!


To download your FREE personal copy of Eric Thomas' The Blueprint to Success mixtape  Click Here! You can also follow him on Twitter @ericthomasbtc

To join the Sleep is 4 Suckers movement and purchase your Sleep is 4 Suckers gear Click here.
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @martacious and Sleep is 4 Suckers @sleepis4suckers and @si4s

No comments:

Post a Comment