Thursday, June 7, 2012

I'm Driven!

"You will never be what you're supposed to be. You will never have what you're supposed to have. You will never ball out until you got a purpose for what you do what you do!" -Eric Thomas, The Blueprint to Success (Track 4)
Drive separates the dreamers from the doers. The people who have what you desire all had to have drive in order to get what they have. Having something as simple as drive and determination catapults you into success. After being tremendously inspired by this specific track, I was able to come up with three different types of drive that people have when it comes to life and success. The first type of drive is the sidewalk drive. You can't actually drive on a sidewalk, it's against the law. Therefore, the people who go through life on the sidewalk have to walk it. At some point they may be able to run, but they will never be able to pick up much speed or momentum because there are a lot of people walking the same narrow path. In terms of backtracking, if you want to go back simply just turn around and backtrack through life. The second type of drive is the drive down the dirt road. Now on a dirt road you can actually ride in a car from point A to point B, but you can't get there in a timely manner because the road you're on is rocky and uneven. You'd be afraid of going too fast because it feels like the wheels could get damaged over the rugged terrain. You can also backtrack on this road by making a U-turn in the middle of the road (note: both the sidewalk and dirt road come to dead ends, so eventually you will either have to make a turn around or be stuck in one spot forever). The last drive is the type of drive that you will only see successful people on. It's the drive down the one-way highway. On the one-way highway you can only drive forward, and your destination is never reached. Sure, you can get off at an exit and explore, but you reach your goals and get back on the highway because you have the desire to go further and do even greater things. That's why this particular path doesn't have an end because the possibilities out there are endless. In addition to that, you can go as fast as you want because the highway isn't too crowded--its the road less traveled.

Personally I've been in all three of these settings at various times in my life. I found the sidewalk was the easiest, but it left me feeling unaccomplished and empty. I wanted an extraordinary life, and this was just boring, and I couldn't obtain the life I wanted on this path.  On the dirt road I thought I was doing something, but it wasn't enough. I was never going to get where I wanted to be because I was moving too slowly. Now the highway is exhausting! Even though it seems pretty straight-forward, it's a lot of hard work. However, it is the most rewarding. Plus, once I got started, I started wanting more and more and more out of life. I could see my future and dreams ahead of me on my path, but more importantly, I saw beyond them.

At some point and time in our lives we are all going to be on one road or another, so we have to choose which path we will spend most of our life on. It takes desire to move from the sidewalk to the highway. Just don't be lazy and take the easy way out because you think that you lack the means to succeed on the highway. Hard work pays off, but you have to have the drive to push you through. You have to have something that you're living for in order to get there. Do you like the path that you're on now? Can you see yourself reaching your goals? If not, then change it. It's as simple as that. Whatever you do choose to do, choose it wisely. After all, it is your life we're talking about.


To download your FREE personal copy of Eric Thomas' The Blueprint to Success mixtape  Click Here! You can also follow him on Twitter @ericthomasbtc

To join the Sleep is 4 Suckers movement and purchase your Sleep is 4 Suckers gear Click here.
Don't forget to follow me on Twitter @martacious and Sleep is 4 Suckers @sleepis4suckers and @si4s



No comments:

Post a Comment