Monday, August 6, 2012

I'm Grateful.

Did you ever think of what your life would be like if you didn't have the things that you have? For instance, say that you were homeless or had no food to eat. How would that make you feel? Did you realize there are millions of people in this world who don't have the luxury of good tasting, hot food? Just the thought of that makes me value everything that I have, even if its not what I want. We take for granted a lot of things, like going to the grocery store just because you're hungry--some people can only afford to go once a month, if even that. Yet, still we complain if someone buys the wrong brand of organic milk! If you think that's bad then just remember that someone somewhere else in the world has it even worse than you. Think about the genocide in Rwanda (if you don't know what I'm talking about just watch the movie Hotel Rwanda). Be grateful that you don't have to fear for your life just because of your ethnic background. That's enough to make me stop complaining about what I don't have and start being overly gracious for the things I do have. Besides, going through a struggle and being without will make you stronger in the long run. You will appreciate and have a better outlook on life.

 In addition, World Humanitarian Day is almost here (August 19th). I challenge everyone who reads this post to find a way to give back to your world and help someone somewhere by the time August 19th comes around. In place of our normal Sleep is 4 Suckers link I will post a link to where you can go to get involved in this year's World Humanitarian Day. Do some good and be blessed.

***
Click on the links below (or copy and paste into your browser) to learn more about World Humanitarian Day, raise awareness, and find ways to help.

http://www.whd-iwashere.org/

http://www.un.org/en/events/humanitarianday/

***

No comments:

Post a Comment