Wednesday, April 25, 2012

Motivation

No matter how much we want something and how bad we work to achieve it, sometimes it takes a toll on our mentality, and we begin to get weary and indifferent. When that happens there is only one thing that we need: motivation. Sometimes our dreams are so big that we can't get there without something pushing us towards it. I know for most people, monetary rewards are the most exciting, but what happens when that no longer matters anymore? Money can't and won't always be your motivation; therefore, you should always have something more substantial to motivate you when money just won't do. Look at Angelina Jolie and Brad Pitt, for example. When they started acting I'm sure it was all about the money. Big budget films for big paychecks. However, once they reached a certain point of success to where they were more than financially stable, money probably didn't matter as much anymore. As of lately, instead of making movies for their own personal gain, they have been focusing on giving back to society by helping third-world countries and setting up charities. It's obvious that that has become their motivation now. I'm challenging you to be motivated by something less shallow than monetary gains. Even though money is important (especially if you don;t have any) there is always something that is bigger. Something that will not only benefit you, but also benefit other people. So, what will be your motivation be? Think outside the box and see where it takes you.

To join the Sleep is 4 Suckers movement and purchase your Sleep is 4 Suckers gear Click here.
Don't forget to follow us on Twitter @martacious @sleepis4suckers @si4s

2 comments:

  1. I think competing with myself can make me better and push rather a set achieving a set goal. Being better than what I was on the previous day.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Motivation is pretty much key to your success. I pray and give all glory to GOD. I get up every single morning at 5a.m and sometimes its hard to get up because I just want to sleep. I think of my mother how much she sacrificed for me and how she gets her day started at 3a.m so if she can do it then I know I can. I have dreams making it into the NFL, for me to achieve that I have to sacrifice and always remember why I am doing this.

    ReplyDelete